Welcome to the show and to Season 4! It’s great to be back, and I’m so excited to kick off today’s episode with a very special episode that features Amelia Anderson, who built a successful corporate career rising to exec levels, and later transitioned to focusing her career solely on helping other women advance professionally.
In this conversation, Amelia shares very real & raw advice on how to advance professionally without losing touch with your authentic self. In this conversation, we dive deep on a long list of topics, including:
- Amelia’s career, and how she successfully rose up to become the Managing Director, Assistant Treasurer of American Airlines
- Amelia’s journey to founding her non-profit, Advancing Women in Aviation Roundtable
- Why Amelia is passionate about supporting women professionally
- How Amelia built confidence after struggling with confidence early in her career
- The struggle between showing up powerfully vs. showing up authentically
- How to prepare for meetings & get noticed by those around you
- Why it’s important to ask questions (and not be afraid of stupid questions)
- How compensation changes at execute levels
- What Amelia sees many professional women struggling with
And so much more!
Check out Amelia’s nonprofit here: https://www.awarglobal.com/about/
And be sure to leave a review of the show in Apple podcasts if you’ve been enjoying it.
To join the facebook group, click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theartofspeakingup/
To sign up for the Art of Speaking Up email newsletter, click here: https://mailchi.mp/e7735b5f8f83/aosu , and
Submit a listener question here: https://forms.gle/bBSku5XovS7VWLW49
I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did. As always, thank you for tuning in, and have a great day!